Economy and exchange
The study of economic activity includes the identification of the system of exchange, commercial networks and economic infrastructure. Established research groups cover the period from prehistory to late antiquity are aproaching to material culture using the various methodologies with the objective of understanding the regional characteristics and the impact of changes. Reconstructing cultural contacts, system communication and distribution of goods, economic activities are also perceived in the context of the establishment of the market and the exchange of ideas.
Activities / Organization of conferences / round tables / workshops / seminars
- Glass production and trade during antiquity and the Middle Ages
- Communications and the dynamics of the exchange of goods, and their influence on the organization of space in the Eastern Adriatic, with special emphasis on late antiquity
- The role of trade and exchange during Late La Tène in south-eastern Pannonia
- The environment as a factor in the formation of trade networks: hillfort settlements in the Eastern Adriatic
- Trade and cultural exchange in the Hellenistic Mediterranean