The identity of the inhabitants of Roman settlements in Pannonia: the relationship of the prehistoric tradition and new elements
The topic focuses on the study and analysis of the results of research on Roman villages and towns. The available information points to different models conditioned by locally defined cultural and historical circumstances. The prehistoric tradition may have been preserved to a greater extent regardless of the proximity of Roman roads and urban centres. This tradition was reflected in various elements, such as in the shaping of pottery, everyday objects and dwelling premises, as well as in the perseverance in such practice. All these elements may have been affected or completely changed as a result of new Roman influences, with the presence of certain new, previously unkonwn factors that reflect newly adopted habits.
Various locally conditioned circumstances pertaining to the relationship of the existing and newly arrived populations resulted in a complex mosaic of life in a rural Pannonian environment, which ought to be analysed in detail, taking into consideration the wider context of historical events and, in terms of geography, the cultural and reciprocal processes at the local level.
- Virovitica-Kiškorija jug
- Orešac – Luka and Dvorina
- Ilok – Palace of the Dukes of Ilok / Church of St. Peter the Apostle
- Jelinčić Vučković, K. 2015 (u pripremi za tisak), Rimsko Selo U Provinciji Gornjoj Panoniji: Virovitica Kiškorija Jug / Roman Village In The Province Of Upper Pannonia: Virovitica Kiškorija South, Monographiae Instituti archaeologici, Vol. 7, Zagreb.
- Ožanić Roguljić, I. 2009, Rimski nalazi s lokaliteta Liskovac -Južna obilaznica Vinkovaca, Prilozi Instituta za arheologiju, Vol. 26, 79-142.
- Ožanić Roguljić, I. 2010, De caseo faciendo, Prilozi Instituta za arheologiju u Zagrebu, Vol. 27, 171-176.
- Dizdar, M. Šoštarić, R. Jelinčić, K. 2003, Ranorimski grob iz Iloka kao prilog poznavanju romanizacije zapadnog Srijema, Prilozi Instituta za arheologiju u Zagrebu, Vol. 57-77.
- Ožanić Roguljić, Ivana. Tipologija rimske keramike iz Vinkovaca.Zagreb, 2016