The dynamics of habitation in the Danube Basin and hinterland in the protohistoric period
The number of documented sites in the Danube Basin, settlements in particular, is very large. Data about their infrastructure and stratigraphy allow us to create an approximate model of habitation. The habitation of the high loess plateau along the Danube is observed in relation to the hinterland as an example of regional communications in connecting two major traffic routes – the Danube and the Sava Basins. Based on the example of investigated fortified sites (Sotin, Ilok) and associated cemeteries, as well as on the basis of our knowledge of smaller settlements and hamlets documented in field surveys, the relationships between central settlements and periphery are examined, as well as their interrelationships in the use of space. The research has been directed on field surveys, excavations and study of finds and archives in museums, in order to put forward models of settlement through individual protohistoric periods, particularly during the last millennium BC.
- Ložnjak Dizdar, D., 2004, Odnos daljske i bosutske grupe na prostoru hrvatskog Podunavlja početkom starijeg željeznog doba, Prilozi instituta za arheologiju u Zagrebu, vol 21, 19-35.
- Hutinec, M., Ložnjak Dizdar, D., 2010, Arheološke spoznaje o Sotinu, Rezultati probnih istraživanja 2008.-2010., Vukovar, katalog izložbe.
- M Dizdar, Late Hallstatt Female Grave from Belišće. A Group of Late Hallstatt Finds in the Lower Drava Valey, in: Beiträge zur Hallstattzeit am Rande der Südostalpen, Akten des 2. Internationalen Symposiums am 10. und 11. Juni 2010 in Wildon (Steiermark/Österreich), Hrsg. Ch. Gutjahr – G. Tiefengraber, Internationale Archäologie, Arbeitsgemeinschaft, Symposium, Tagung, Kongress, Band 19, Heingst-Studien Band 3, Verlag Marie Leidorf GmbH, Rahden/Westf. 2015, 45-60.
- M. Dizdar, The Boii and their connections with the Scordisci – Contacts between central Europe and south-eastern Pannonia during the La Tène Culture, in: Boier zwischen Realität und Fiktion, Akten des Internationalen Kolloquiums in Český Krumlov vom 14.–16. November 2013, Hrsg. Maciej Karwowski, Vladimír Salač und Susanne Sievers, Kolloquien zur Vor- und Frühgeschichte Band 21, Dr. Rudolf Habelt GmbH, Bonn 2015, 295-308.
- M. Dizdar, Late La Tène Settlements in the Vinkovci Region (Eastern Slavonia, Croatia): Centres of Trade and Exchange, in: Boii – Taurisci, Proceedings of the International Seminar, Oberleis-Klement, June 14th−15th, 2012, Maciej Karwowski, Peter C. Ramsl (Eds.), Mitteilungen der Prähistorischen Kommission Band 85, Wien 2016, 31−48.